Friday, May 15, 2009

A distinct lack of wisdom in my mouth.

I am sad to report that I am nearly completely normal under a prescribed amount of Vicodin. 

Yesterday morning I had four wisdom teeth forcibly taken from my head. Creepy. Luckily, the whole thing went fairly smoothly. I went in, they talked me through the post-op stuff, and they started the drugs. Prior to the whole intravenous thing, I had been extremely iffy about the procedure. Steve had described the entire thing to me (in detail) and I was pseudo-horrified. So when the doctor told me that I would be completely unconscious for the entire thing, I was delighted. The next thing I remember after watching the drip drip drip of my drugs was sitting in some recovery room. 

(It's very bizarre to refer to memories tainted by serious anesthetic. They seem very cloudy, almost as if they were out-of-body experiences.)

Anyway, I wasn't even entertaining immediately after the surgery. I was just crabby. Typical. I became even more crabby when I realized that I forgot to ask for my wisdom teeth. By the time I realized this and my mom called the office, it was tragically too late. I imagine I was rather unpleasant about that discovery, although I don't remember any specifics. Also, I didn't vomit (contrary to what Joey adamantly told me) although I've been experiencing an almost concerning amount of hiccups. Kris mentioned that it probably has to do with the pain meds....I'm in agreement. 

I keep almost-forgetting to write those haikus. And I wanted this post to be more entertaining than it turned out to be. So here's a photo of my chipmunk-ness. Although you can't tell, the puffier side of my face is a solid bruise. Fuuuuck. On an unrelated note, it's weird to be home.

No comments: