Thursday, August 13, 2009

With a whoosh it was gone.

See that photo up there? You cannot imagine the struggle behind that freaking photo. Gabby can attest to this. It was a bitch.

Long story short, I fucked up all of my lovely colors. Such is life.

I wish I had more to say here but I really don't. I'm kind of sleepy and I have to get up brutally early to say farewell to Andy and Carly. Then I have to drive to Duluth.

I hung out with Gabby last night and we discussed my tendency to peg people. Not judge, just peg.

There was a teenage girl sitting alone by the bandshell at Lake Harriet. She was taking photos in the general direction of the lake and as we walked by, I started talking. I pointed out how she is totally that girl who is kind of a nobody at school and has suddenly found something she loves: photography. Chances are good that she's far too shy to show anybody her photos and chances are good that they're probably somewhat amateur, but beautiful nonetheless. I voiced my feelings that she'll continue her photography, maturing her skill for a year or two. At that point, she will be known and loved as the incredible photographer that she has become. Hopefully.

I had another story about an old man I saw on a bus. That can be for another time.

No comments: