Monday, March 15, 2010

my dearest Paloma

Do you remember middle school Spanish class? I went through that strange phase in which I would often forget the "n" in words. Spanish became Spaish and Juanita (my name at the time) became Juaita. That was also the age of las vacas rajas, lorenzo come los pinguinos, and soy maldita. And Gberg put up with us beautifully, despite the fact that we were complete assholes.

Damn. What a ridiculous period in our lives.

Also, has anybody ever seen the PBS special Natural History of the Chicken? It's amazing. I need to find a copy.

1 comment:

whitney! said...

um. YES. and want to know something kind of creepy weird? ... two nights ago I had a dream that Senor G took me and joshua out to lunch... and the whole time I was trying to impress him with my spanish. and I totally failed. :) somethings never change!!