Monday, September 28, 2009

A rhinoceros would have been more plausible.

Last night I changed all three of my phone alarms from basic chimes to obnoxious little techno beats. As such, I woke up this morning ready to rave my way through class.

Unfortunately, I fell back asleep after breakfast. When I nap, I have strange dreams. I'm not entirely conscious so they're not daydreams, but I'm not in REM sleep so they're not real dreams.

This morning's dreams were unusually realistic. They had me walking down to the shuttle with my backpack and sunglasses, ready to start the day. Pseudo-conscious, I thought I was seriously on my way to the shuttle stop. The dream continued on for ten or fifteen minutes. I then suddenly realized I was asleep. I blasted my ass out of bed and scrambled to pull my things together.

As I rushed out the door, I blamed my lateness on the realness of my dreams. I thought about the progression of events that had taken place. Leaving my room, putting in my iPod, waving to people as I walked down the road. It was then that I realized that my dream had included elephants. A whole bunch of very friendly elephants.













That probably should have tipped me off that I was asleep.

No comments: