Thursday, January 15, 2009

A bit of enlightenment

At the end of the summer, I went through my "memory" box with my mother. This box held every significant (or otherwise) piece of paper from kindergarten through middle school. Art projects, homework assignments, report cards, the usual. I stumbled across an assignment from first grade. From what I can gather, the assignment said to write about your Thanksgiving break. I had typed this assignment and drawn a picture at the bottom. Here is what I wrote - the spelling, grammar, and (this is important) formatting is exactly the same as my original creation. Here we go.

Spritz and Me By Kate Kincaid

11-25-96 I bought Spritz. He was very cuddly and I loved him
a lot . He was brown and white. I tried to make a leash,
but all it did was fall apart. So I did not have a leash .
Of course I slept with him .
11-26-96 I woke up with Spritz. What a ritz, what a ritz.
My blankets were a mess on the floor and on my head.
I read while I got dressed and I read through breakfast,
so I did not have much to eat.
Then my aunt and uncle came over, and I got in to a quick
HASSLE. I ran to the bathroom to get my hair.
I forgot my teeth because we were going
to DAYTON'S. So we drove out and when we
came back I was starving. So I had some
lunch. My Mom and Dad got sad
so now I am working as hard
as I can.

This is me at age six. Explains a lot.

No comments: